Basic Duties and Requirement Of Chef/Cook .
What are the basic Duties and Requirement Of Chef/Cook ?
A chef is a skilled cook who is fluent in all aspects of food preparation, usually focusing on a particular cuisine.There are different term that uses the word chef in their titles, and with specific areas of food preparations. There are many duties and responsibilties of chef. Some of them are listed below:
# Duties & Responsibilities of Chef :
1) Check freshness of food and discard out-of-dated items.
2) Supervise & coordinate activities of cooks and other food preparation workers properly.
3) Develop recipes and determine how to present the food items.
4) Plan menu and ensure uniform serving sizes and quality of food.
5) To inspect work areas for proper sanitation and functionality.
6) Hire & train cooks and other food preparation workers.
7) To maintain inventory of food and supplies.
8) Monitor kitchen safety standards.
9) Set up the kitchen with cooking utensils and equipment.
10) Inform wait staff about daily specials and suggest new ingredients.
# Basic Requirements :
- Proven work experience as a Chef or Cook.
- Good experience with various kitchen equipment .
- Advanced knowledge of culinary, baking and pastry techniques.
- Should have leadership skills.
- Ability to remain calm and undertake various tasks.
- Excellent time management abilities.
- Up-to-date knowledge of cooking techniques and kitchen skills.
- Should be familiar with sanitation regulations.
- Culinary school diploma is highly preferred.