What training do security guards have to do in UAE before getting the job?
The educational requirements for a security officer is not very high. Basically, a high school diploma is required for the job as well as a verification of police reports. A job experience ranging from 1 year to 10 years and above is given more priority. There is the exam to decide the strength of personality of the security officer, as each of them needs to have a strong personality and be able to be balanced when dealing with the public.There are some training that the candidate should perform before he/she is hired in the job.
- Each security guards/officers wishing to work in UAE must undergo a week long course which includes, 36 hours of theoretical along with practical training.
- Then, they are tested in three exams : oral, written and practical. And if successful they are granted a certificate by the Academy.
- The program includes classes of criminal investigation, firefighting and searching vehicle & premises. In which, Around 40% of the lessons are practical.
- Meanwhile, Among the things they learn is how to preserve a crime scenes, as well as how to search an establishment or vehicle.
- Candidates should learn about conflict management and how to protect themselves and others in an emergency situation lawfully.
-Security guards/officers are taught to manage the crowds and to receive the visitors properly.
-They are provided with information about basic rules/laws of the country.
- After all these process/training selected candidates are ready to join the job of security guard/ security officers.