Saudi Arabia,officially known as the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, is the largest Arab state in Western Asia by land area, constituting the bulk of the Arabian Peninsula,and the second-largest in the Arab world (after Algeria).It is bordered by Iraq on the north and northeast,Kuwait,Qatar,Bahrain and the United Arab Emirates on the east,Oman on the southeast followed by Yemen on the south.The Red Sea lies to its west, and the Persian Gulf lies to the east.Saudi Arabia has an area of approximately 2,250,000 sq.km(870,000 sq mi),and it has an estimated population of 27 million,of which 9 million are registered foreign expatriates and an estimated 2 million are illegal immigrants.Saudi nationals comprise an estimated 16 million people.Most of the Saudi’s are familiar with English but there are many illiterate Saudi’s can be found who only speak Arabic.As the country and population here are huge there are some basic rules about what we can do in Saudi Arabia and what we cannot.Here,are list of some Do's & Don't in Saudi Arabia.
1) Make sure you accept invitations for gatherings and dinners because people living in Saudi Arabia are known for their warm reception.
2) Shaking hand is customary when people meet or are introduced.
3) Familiarize yourself with Muslim festivities and local holidays.
4) Try learning Arabic or at least the basic phrases of courtesy and respect.
5) Learn about the Saudi culture and show respect and regards towards the host.
6) Explore the Saudi Arabia. Visit the different cities to explore the history as well as modernizing culture of Saudi Arabia.
1) Women are not allowed to drive in Saudi Arabia.
2) Make sure you don't call a person by their nickname as that would sound strange.
3) Never reject any invitations for gatherings and dinners or when something is offered as it is considered to be offensive.
4) Remember that criticizing or complaining about the way people do things in Saudi Arabia is unlikely to be well received.
5) Never try to home brew wines.
6) Don’t talk anything bad related to Islam. It is their official religion.
7) Don’t share any kind of post related to terrorism while residing in Saudi Arabia.
8) Don’t photograph ministry building, military places, and palaces.
9) Don’t try to eat, drink, or smoke in public in the month of Ramadan.
10) Don’t try to surf adult sites, all are blocked by Government.